Battle of New Orleans.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Got My Library Card for the War of 1812

Well, and World War II as well.  I had allowed my library card to lapse at the local Nippersink Library serving Spring Grove and Richmond, Illinois.  Well, also, I had lost it at some point in the last five years.

I found that I had been booted off the user list so didn't have to pay the $1 lost card fee.  "Ain't life wunnerful??"

One reason I got it was to get War of 1812 books.  I have to admit that I have really become interested in the war since I've started this blog and feel that I am becoming somewhat of an expert on it.

They only had two books on it, one being Walter Lord's "By the Dawn's Early Light."  I skimmed through it and apparently it does not cover the whole war, but rather just the segment leading to the burning of Washington, DC, and the attack on Fort McHenry.  The other book was a short one.

However, with the card, I can order books from other libraries so can get some research material.

A Library Card Is a Good Thing and I'm Already Paying For It.  --Brock-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment