Battle of New Orleans.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

War of 1812 Timeline: June 1812

JUNE 1ST--  HMS Shannon (52 guns) defeats USS Chesapeake (50 guns).

JUNE 3RD--  Capture of U.S. sloops Eagle and Growler.

JUNE 6TH--  Battle of Stoney Creek.

JUNE 9TH--  Americans abandon Fort Erie.

JUNE 22ND--  British attack Craney island, Virginia.

JUNE 24TH--  Battle of Beaver Dam.

JUNE 25TH--  British plunder Hampton, Virginia.

JUNE 27TH--  Privateer Young Teazer explodes in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia.

Some Happenings.  --Brock-Perry

2 comments:

  1. I knew of this blog when you started it but lost track of it until your May 23 Hull's Trail post in the Roadlog Blog. Since then I've spent some time catching up and hope to stay with it from here on out. I knew some of the Ohio stuff but just about everything else you post here is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I started this blog as I became aware that I did not know much about this war.

    ReplyDelete