Battle of New Orleans.

Monday, September 12, 2016

2007th Post of This Blog

This post marks the 2007th that I have done since 2012 when I began this blog to honor the Bicentennial of the War of 1812.  I believe that to be more posts than any other blog on this somewhat forgotten war.

I started it so I could learn more about the war as I realized I really didn't know a lot about it.  Back when I was teaching U.S. history, I was supposed to cover it from the beginning to the Civil War.  I think only one year I made it as far as the War of 1812.

I have definitely learned a lot about the War of 1812.

The Brock in the Brock-Perry sign-off refers to British/Canadian hero General Isaac Brock and the Perry refers to U.S. Naval hero Oliver Hazard Perry.

--Brock-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment