Battle of New Orleans.

Friday, January 1, 2021

Tenth Year of This Blog

This marks the beginning of this blog's tenth year.

This post is the 3,447th.

The very first post was April 16, 2012.

This blog grew out of my Cooter's History Thing blog and I started it because 2012 was the bicentennial of the War of 1812.  I knew more about this war than most people, but that's not saying too much as most Americans know very little about the war.

I figured I would learn more about it with this blog, and I sure did, starting with where Upper and Lower Canada (as the British colony was called back then) were not where I thought they would be.  I always thought upper meant north and lower meant south.  But not so in Canada.  The locations refer to the St. Lawrence River which flows from south to north.

I was looking for a signoff name and couldn't think of one so temporarily used the last names of two heroes of the war:  Isaac Brock of Britain and Oliver Hazard Perry of the U.S.

Things You Learn.  --Brock-Perry


No comments:

Post a Comment