Battle of New Orleans.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Lot About the War On It's Bicentennial

As I expected, there have been a lot of articles in the press about the US declaration of war June 18th.  Most were about how little is known about the war and general apathy among Americans.  Canadians, on the other hand, regard it as a major step in their country's progression to independent country.

I know I didn't know a lot about it, but sure have been learning a lot it by researching for this blog.  If you want to learn it, blog it.

I expect this blog to last until sometime in 2015, Blogspot willing and if the creek don't rise.  A real learning process for me.  I am also planning on getting Walter Lord's excellent book on the war and reading it.  I also get a lot of updates from my Google War of 1812 alert, which is the basis for the blog.

Of course, we will now have to see how the press continues with reporting the war.

Not So Forgotten, You Know.  --Brock-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment