Battle of New Orleans.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

The War Gets Comic Book Treatment


October 27, 2012, AP "The War of 1812 gets comic book treatment.

Don't laugh, in my younger days this was a major way I caught up on history and literature. I remember those 15 cent Classic Comics.

Erie, Pennsylvania, local historian Don Haener created a comic book on the War of 1812 to run in conjunction with the its 200th anniversary. He did it to get kids interested in the war. (Do kids even still read comic books?)

Artist Dan Cozy worked with him. and it consists of twenty pages with three illustrations per page and covers the war's major events. (I wonder if it has the old Sgt. Rock and Easy Company's "Kapoww!! Bam, Bam?"

Of course, I Really Liked the Haunted Tank. --Brock-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment