Battle of New Orleans.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year and 703rd Post


This is my newest blog, which I started last year to mark the Bicentennial of the War of 1812. This marks my 703rd post.

Originally this was supposed to remain a part of my Cooter's History Blog, but I started finding so many bicentennial articles, I decided to separate it, although I definitely didn't want to as it gave me a daunting seven blogs. WAY TOO MANY.

But, I have to admit that I have learned a lot about the war and probably now rank right up there with the top 10% of the general American population as far as my knowledge of it.

Hey, I sure didn't know the difference between Upper and Lower Canada back then. I would have had it reversed.

Anyway, quite an interesting war.

But, Seven Blogs.  Way Too Many.  --Brock-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment