Battle of New Orleans.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Great "Big Rope" Carry 200 Years Later-- Part 1

From the June 8, 2014, Time Warner Cable News "War of 1712 Cable Carry Re-enacted 200 Years Later" by Elizabeth Jeneault.

And, I just found out about this "Big Rope" about a week ago when I was researching the Battle of Big Sandy Creek in New York.  And, here it is being re-enacted.  Obviously, someone better versed in the War of 1812 history knew.

I found this to be a very interesting sidelight to the war.

There was a great picture of a bunch of people, including youngsters, carrying the "Big Rope" as well as a video, but since I am not a TWC subscriber, I couldn't see it.  I'l have to try You-Tube.

Jefferson County. New York:  "People in Jefferson County carried a 600-foot-long rope 20 miles this weekend to commemorate a War  of 1812 event.  Elizabeth Jeneault explains why locals believe it's so important to remember the "Great Cable Carry."

I'd Prefer It Called the "Great Big Rope Carry."  --Brock-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment