Battle of New Orleans.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11 in 2015

Today is the 14th anniversary of those horrible airline crashes.  It was a beautiful day here in the Chicagoland area.

This will be the subject of all my blogs today.

One song that always brings me back to that day, and gets my patriotism boiling is Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue (The Angry American)"  Especially the part about the boot.  I wanted instant retaliation that day, I can tell you that.

From Wikipedia.

The song was written in late 2001 and inspired by the death of Toby Keith's father and 9/11.  Released in May 2002 as the lead single from his album "Unleashed."

It topped the Billboard Hot Country and Tracks chart and even reached #25 on the Hot 100 chart of pop songs, his highest chart spot ever on it.

Continued on my Tattooed On Your Soul World War II blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment