Battle of New Orleans.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Henry Alexander Scammell Dearborn-- Part 1: Son of Sec. of War Henry Dearborn


While I was researching John A. Winslow in my Civil War Navy blog, I found he was buried in Forest Hills Cemetery in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts.  (He sank the Confederate commerce raider CSS Alabama.  While looking at that cemetery's notable burials, I came across this man.

From Wikipedia.

March 3, 1783 to July 29, 1851.

Soldier, lawyer,  author and statesman.  First president of Massachusetts Horticultural Society, member of the Society of Cincinnati and author of many books.

I came across that he was a brigadier general.

He was the son of Secretary of War and Major General Henry Dearborn, studied law, admitted to the bar and practiced law in Salem, Mass. and Portland, Maine.

--Brock-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment