Battle of New Orleans.

Monday, February 27, 2023

Quite the Naval Career for John B. Montgomery

Had John Montgomery just served in the War of 1812, that would have been a distinguished career.  But, that was just the start of 50+ years in the service of his country.

He served in two other wars:  Mexican War and Civil War.  Though, by the time the Civil War rolled around he was quite aged and his service was more in the backwaters.  But, even so, his career is worth a closer look.  I just concentrated on his War of 1812 service in this blog.

But, you can get his whole career in my Running the Blockade:  Civil War Navy blog this month.

And to think, very few people have ever heard of him.  I know I hadn't before I started doing research on ships by the name Montgomery in the U.S. Navy.

--Brock-Perry


No comments:

Post a Comment