Battle of New Orleans.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fort McHenry Quarter Debuts


From the Sept. 19, 2013, Numismaster.com.

The U.S. Treasury introduced the new Fort McHenry quarter, part of the national parks set that are not in general circulation (which I hate), at Fort McHenry at the start of the Defenders' Day weekend to honor the garrison of Fort McHenry back on that fateful night in 1814.

Rolls of 40 quarters can be purchased for $18.95 (almost double the face value) at the U.S. Mint and there are other options.

I only get them when I find then in circulation which is rare so have no idea when I'll get one. I really hate the fact they are not put out in general circulation as the state quarters were. I haven't even seen any national park folders for your collections.

So Sad. ---Brock-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment